These months after the IndieDevDay we have been focused on creating a new version of the video game in order to present it at SAGA. An Alpha 1.1.0.
To create this new version we are using the feedback we received from players during IndieDevDay as well as those features that we wanted to introduce for a long time but were not yet prioritized.
Here is a summary of the most notable:
- Tutorial change – from theoretical to practical
- 🤔Redesign of stations and player interaction with flowers. Players can now extract nectar from flowers during all seasons including spring
- Design and implementation of new sabotage mechanics while introducing environmental effects to the different stations:
→ 🌧 Rain + Flooding for spring
→ 🔥 Fire during the summer
→ ❄ Snowflakes in autumn
- 🔻Elimination of the clouds to revitalize the flowers
- 🔠 Introduction of animations to the text to make reading more dynamic
- 🔝 Creation of a system of enhancing effects depending on the flower from which nectar is extracted
- 🖍Implementation of shaders for flowers and characters
- 👁🗨 New feedback animations to let you know when you perform an attack and when you are stunned
- 🏃♂️ Calibration of the players’ speed
- 🍃 Implementation of sabotaging leaves in all seasons and not only in autumn
It is amazing how much of a difference makes adding animations and shader effects to the project. The impression it causes upon the inexperienced eye is tremendous and well worth it. We are so curious to see what people says!